The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
what kind of concaves and grates should I use to harvest clover? We got some special material covers for 8010 from the states but it is to much trouble for this one (to little hectares to harvest, and to much time needed to arrange shipment) . Any suggestions, any DIA kit?
Thank you

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Hi Saulius. My rubber seed plates are shot, so this year I am trying cover plates over the first 2 Loewen helical concaves. I have 4 gorden bars at the junction from concave 1 and concave 2. I pulled the concaves as tight as I can. I tryed it this afternoon and it did work pretty good. I need to slow the front 2 sets of transport vanes down to the slow position. I first tryed it with the rotor in low and 550rpm, but had too many unthreshed bells so I sped the rotor up to 750 in high gear. Seems to work, just need to slow the transport down a bit and tomorrow I and a CR9070 will be fiddling around studying the pros and cons of each machine in small seeds. We're both going metal on metal.

If you can just cover all 3 of your stock concaves and pull'm up tight, you should be able to do an ok job. May have to slow down a bit and run the tailings as hard as you can. If you have'nt allready done it, take a spring and a zip tie and cover the tailing input auger overflow hole in the auger tube with the spring and tie over a piece of plastic or even heavy cardboard.

So the seed plates are working well in the 8010s?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
may by some one has experience with this equipment? We have some troubles with adjustments it does not follow the ground as we wish
And these covers are working very good we are very happy
the only problem to bet them all a way from Oregon. We can not make it for this season harvest
so I'm looking for some simple solutions. Cu old you please post some pictures what are you covering in returns. Thank you

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Cant help ya on the flex head, but here's a pic of the front helical covered. I simply copied this to the second concave, and if needed, will cover the third.
Then pull the concaves up as close as you can without interference.

Its tough to see here, but that gorden bar is only maybe 30-40 thousands from the concave.

The whole purpose of the Vanderzanden plate is to retard the material aggressively for better material on material rubbing. The purpose of it being a urethane/rubber is simply to allow a "burn in" to get a perfect fit to the rasp bars in circumference. Straight rubber wont work to well unless you can get it formed perfectly to the rotor as rubber cant be "ground" down. It will just get hot and smoke. The urethane combo allows the bars to be ground down and yet still hold up to the abrasion of the crop material very well.

If you have any old concaves that you can remove every other cross bar as I did in the picture you have of the seed plate, then remove the wires and cover the back side, you may have a good system. The removal of the crossbars will allow more material between bars, and no wires willl allow more material deeper into the concave for better retardation. Just a thought.

If you have your thresh bars shimmed to the hihg bar, you can get the metal concaves set right up tight and do a pretty fair job of threshing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow I newer so this kind of concaves before
are they good? And what kind of material is used to cover the first one? is it steel plate? from picture it looks more like concrete

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Those are Loewen helical concaves. Here's a link to some pictures you may have missed recently but might be interested in since I know you like to study your machines.
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=62424&mid=439631#M439631

That is just plain ol' 16 gauge mild sheet metal for the cover plates. Here's a few pics from today.(tuesday) The CR9070 shoed up and we finished the clover in short order. We set out round for round so we both did the same amount and I will weigh the gross amount from each machine wednesday. Then hoefully the cleaner mill will remember to keep things seperate and I'll get the clean out from each machine.

That "concrete" look is the wheat dust sticking to it from combining wheat earlier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts