The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone run this combination? I'm tired of fighting my 1020 , what electric conversion did you use headsight? Are you happy with the switch.thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
Buy a new 1020. I've run both and the 1020 is better IMO.

What problems are you having?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Go to a 2020 with the auto conversion package and adapter plate from Case. I have seen a couple work compared to a 1020 and a 625 hydro flex and the 2020 beat them both. It cut cleaner and lower. The large skid shoes on the 2020 work good in mud compared to the 1020 and the Deere.
JD hydraflex users don't seem to be having very good luck with the JD knife and are switching to the SCH.

·
Registered
475 Posts
[quote author=stx325 board=Case thread=1198966849 post=1199025617]I have a 2366 and switch my 1020 for a 625 last year, and i very happy with the header.

For the life of me I can't understand why...
Seriously, there is no comparison.

I spent an hour reading the 1020 manual one night and the next day made 2 adjustments to the combine that took me 10 minutes. Case salesman came by one day and asked what we did because he had never seen a 1020 cut so low.

bookey- are you having problems with cutting beans or problems cutting wheat when it's bolted up?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Quote:pushing dirt on the ends, I have tried everything, so have the case techs

You'll have that problem with any head weather its Case, JD, or macdon. Is it pushing dirt on both ends at the same time, is the ground soft, cutting on an angle or strait.

·
Registered
44 Posts
With the hydraflex you can set the pressure on the cut bar in the cab with the hydrolic system, independent of the head.........

When is soft, you increase the pressure to help to lift and is hard you can decrease ...........

And you can go to a flex head to a rigid head just to increase the pressure in teh cab

excuse my english, it is not my first language.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts