The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am cutting with a guy running a 2000 2388. His header keeps disengaging and the manifold temp warning light comes on. He has replaced the sensor which did not work. Then he wired around it and that still did not work. He has replaced the air filter and cleaned the honey comb in the air filter housing. What could be the problem? Is there another sensor? It only does it in the heat of the day. He stops shuts off the header switch waits a few seconds for the alarm to go off starts the header back a goes again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If the light flashes then your header stops it's your Air to Air after cooler. You have have to take off the air screen in the back and clean the the cooler that's on the left side after you take the air screen off. It may look clean but it's not. I recommend Blowing it out with air first to get the heavy stuff off and then use a hot water power washer to get the rest out. That does the trick on my machine. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
We had this exact problem last season. We ended up taking the ATAC and the oil coolers out. That was the only way to get them clean enough so the header wouldn't shut off after a few days of beans. We had to take the spinner fan off and the air tight cage. If it comes to that be sure when it goes back together it is air tight!! or you will be doing it again. Also if you have to use water on the oil coolers be very cautious on the older style coolers. The bottom 3 or 4 inches is enclosed, dirt will be in there then water and that will rust the cooler tubes and you will be replacing that the next year. NOT FUN!! Let me know of any other questions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same problem with our 2388 we blow it out few times per season with a bent blow gun takes some time tho. We have to blow out our 2388's alot more then the old 1688.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Might not be the cause of your problem, but make sure the rotary screen is free to turn. The rubber seal around the rotary screen bonded to the screen edge and prevented chaff to be brushed away. Ran a screwdriver between the two and we were off to the races.

·
Registered
8 Posts
there are two sensors available, you can install the later sender which has a higher limit if all coolers are clean. also look for crack in exhaust blowing on intake pipe new sensor p/n: 87300499

1 - 8 of 8 Posts