The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2388 with no power, I have run out of options to check and need some ideas. We are currently running a 20' header on it and struggling bad. The beans are testing 12 - 15% but the stems are dead. It is getting to the point where no one wants to drive it. Here is what I have checked so far:

Turbo Waste gate
Fuel Filters
Air Filters
Air Filter Casing
It has had the "screw" turned up

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
is it smoking black, have you pulled air cleaner assy apart cleaned venturis, return fitting on injection pump has been a issue between pump and engine will cause power issues, can change check valve without removing pump, just make sure everthing is clean, engine isn't missing is it? scott.

·
Registered
728 Posts
We had the same trouble with our 2366 the other year..... put a new fuel pump supply pump that goes to the injection pump that is what was wrong with ours!

Eric

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, we did take the air filter assembly off and cleaned it out, it wasn't too bad. I will check the fuel pump line. No, it doesn't smoke, and no I don't notice a miss.

·
Registered
145 Posts
is the fuel tank venting, i had a 2388 once and the vent line got pluged that runs from the tank to the oil cooler and rad. houseing,

·
Registered
159 Posts
Is there a manual fuel pump on the engine? I had one on my 1680 that was acting just like yours. Put a new one on and ran perfect after that.

Have you checked to see if your getting a good flow of fuel from the fuel tank? I had a 1480 that got trash in the fuel tank and plugged off the fuel line. It would run fine for a while and then would just not do anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We had a lot of problems on our 2388 when we first got it. Turns out that the waste gate line to the fuel pump had been chewed off by mice! Ended up that both ends had been chewed off. Fixed that, then replaced the lift pump. Wow! Whole new machine. 30ft header in 130bu oats at 3.5-4 mph. Before wouldn't do 2mph! Good luck.

·
Registered
203 Posts
We had that same problem a couple years ago, and went through everything. Turned out it was the air filter housing. It had melted from the exhaust and wasn't getting the air.

·
Registered
21 Posts
the quickest way would be to have a mechanic check the transfer pump pressure, and the boost pressure, as long as your engine has a mechanical pump. I think it will be the easiest way to see why you don't have power

·
Registered
93 Posts
take a vise grip and go up and find the vaccum hose that goes from the intake to the waste gate actuator and pinch it off and see if you have power the hose goes accross the valve cover it only takes about 2 min to do pinch it off and then try it and see if your power is back

1 - 12 of 12 Posts