The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sudenly my combine stoped to move. All seems ok, can shift gears etc. Hidrostatic pump is not giving out sound. Any points to check? Some valves or something like that.

·
Registered
653 Posts
There is a drive coupler that is between the pot and the hydro motor. It is known to strip out. Your belt that runs hydraulic pump will not be moving. It is possible for shaft going into pump to break in half. Check hydro cable is moving the arm. The arm has fine splines that shift over the control linkage and can strip out. Crawl under trans and make sure all drivelines are good and shift linkage isn't missing any pins.

Most likely if you we're driving and it just quit, your drive coupler is toast.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, belt is moving and i can see that pump shaft rotates too. Will check out cable. Actually i was repairing chain and after that i come to cab and wanted to drive but it was staying.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also when i put in reverse it wants to move a bit, but nothing much. So there is some pressure inside.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Did the pin come out of the small clevis on the hydro drive cable? It happened to me before.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont think so. Because it stoped sudden. Maybe some mechanic can help me?

That pedal have to hold some pressure i guess. So the pipe coming from gearbox pump are giving pressure right?

I have a felling that hidrostatic pump are dead. Also, when i lower header fully, combine tries a bit to move backward. It cannot go a bit forward, thats strange too.

Anyone have access to service manual?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have one. I have been inside and outside that entire system multiple times. There is a lot of testing to do, to just jump to replacing the pump. You need to check pilot pressures on the control valve and then at the servo pistons to eliminate the control valve. Doorknob nailed it right on the head. That inch pedal controls that control pilot pressure and there isn't any way you can tell without pressure gauges. It takes a lot of fittings and different gauges to do the proper tests. It usually takes me several hours to do it and I have done it a half dozen times.

I want to correct myself from earilier. I believe the hyd. pump belts will be turning if the coupler shears. You would have to look way up inthere and verify the input shaft of the pump is turning.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They are in places. We were removed pump at gearbox, pump wont rotate. Or rotates a little bit and stops.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Really? I dont think so. Does your pump then sounded?

I dont see the way how it can electronically limit pump. Is there any way?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts