The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the problem that the oil radiator has to be removed for repair (see attached picture), but I can't get it out of the housing because there is not enough space. It has two circuit points underneath which avoid toppling the thing. Has anybody experience with this? I'd like to avoid removing the cladding if possible...
I tried to find the right repair maunal but in the hydraulics book which I bought was nothing inside

Help would be appreciated!!

Thanks from Germany,

Chris Kern

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
chris, sorry for wrong info, i think your gonna have to remove some sheet metal, will talk to a buddy of mine and post back, scott.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You have to take a lot of sheet metal off. I replaced the radiator on my 1660 last year and had to take the engine cover panel as well as most of the metal around that in order to have enough room to get it out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The cooler can be removed without removing any sheet metal. I've done it, take everything loose and manipulate it around. It has been a few years since I did it but i guarantee it will come out by twisting and turning and tipping it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
what year 2388 becaue the 98 to 2002 m0dels differnt then 2003 -2006 because i have work on both firstneed small person with three hand would help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts