The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm after some info on the automatic reel speed feature on the 2188/2388 series machines. Our 2188 ran fine but the 2388 will not adjust the reel speed when set to auto. Speed adjustment works fine in manual so we're a little puzzled.

How does the axial do automatic reel speed adjustment. Is it electrical adjustment of a spool valve???

I've checked the pots on the panel and in the arm rest and they seem to be working Ok but still no auto reel speed.

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
i'm with farminflyboy here after that hyd fluid gets hot she gets jumpy and i hated waiting a measly 3 second for the thing to slow down when coming back in to the cut on the headlands so i just set it with my speed and adjust it if i have to speed the machine up or slow it down

·
Registered
120 Posts
There was a header controller released to help solve the jerky reel, or reel that doesn't change speed quick enough.
The reel valve was also updated accept a hose kit to make the reel run smoother. The new valve & hose kit require the newer controller.

Controller 239938A8 or later
Reel valve 87374793 or later
Hose kit 87516526

·
Registered
117 Posts
is the reel valve chattering loudly when running or can you feel reel vibration through the floorboard, if so the reel valve may be shot. in myo5 we had problems with reel valves and the updated reel valve with the extra hose now runs by regulated pressure, I`ve installed a few of these and they really help. good directions to install you will have to do head calibration to reload controller and tell combine that reel valve is under reg pressure and now is supplying signal for higher pressure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts