The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I had posted about this earlier and didn't get much response . Still haven't really had much luck . Mine still works sometimes it seems like it doesent like the bigger numbers when you put a different head on . Even had it bouncing up and down while trying to get it set . Can't find where the control box is either .

·
Registered
125 Posts
I believe that the control box for that is the brain box that is behind the seat marshall. Jones I think your problem may be one or both (if it has 2) of the position sensors on the back of the feeder house. They are small black boxes about 2.5 inch square with a arm and linkage on one side of the box, if it or they are good look into the brain box behind the seat (you may have to get the dealer to look at it to see if it is bad because I think they can look at them with some kind of diagnostic program on a laptop).

·
Registered
27 Posts
RTC works off of the upper lefthand pot. on the feeder and the header controller which is located in the far back corner of the fuse box, need to remove several relays and the fuse panel to get to it. In the display on Apost that give you your height reading when in RTC you should see an arrow pointing up and one down, if not you may need to recalibrate the controller, instructions are in your owners manual, you all know where that is at.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the same issue on a 2166. No RTC or AHHC since I bought it last winter. Probably quite on last owner.

I have replaced both the pot on the feeder and the selector knob in the cab. Went through the calibration process and everything seemed to be already set correctly. Height display numbers work fine but NO arrows no matter what I do with the selector.

Hope someone can help us out!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
AAH finally something to go on -- will check it out . With the pots on the feeder housing you should get a smooth resistance change as you move the leaver -- I think I had my meter at 1k ohms to check mine out . I know that there are three wires but can't remember which two I used just try them all and two should work .

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same issue on a 2166. No RTC or AHHC since I bought it last winter. Probably quite on last owner.

I have replaced both the pot on the feeder and the selector knob in the cab. Went through the calibration process and everything seemed to be already set correctly. Height display numbers work fine but NO arrows no matter what I do with the selector.

Hope someone can help us out!
Note the arrows will not show up until you are hooked to a head and AHHC wires from head are plugged into combine. Be sure to do the 5 second quick call also

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.