The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2388 that is new to us with a specialty rotor and we are having trouble getting the sample tweaked. We have never ran a specialty rotor and are having trouble getting a very clean sample in soybeans. Getting some white caps/trash in the sample. I have tried adjusting the rotor speed, adjusted shoe and chaffer sieves, concave and about everything else and just can't get a real clean sample like I have been able to in the past with the standard rotor. Anyone have any suggestions? Where do you guys start at with all for the settings?

The sample isn't awful and we are not getting docked or anything but it is just really frustrating. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Re: 2388 specialty rotor trouble getting clean sam

chaffer 5/8, sieve 3/8 rotor 600, fan 1100, concave about 3 1/2

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well cut some more beans and still can't get the sample cleaned up. Have adjusted the concave, sieves, rotor speed, fan speed. Nothing seems to clean it up. Beans were a little tougher today so it was mainly unthreshed pods and a few white caps.

Any more ideas? This is really frustrating. The sample isn't terrible but with the old standard rotor I could get a perfect sample.

·
Registered
8 Posts

i've not ran the newer machines and its been a few years since i've been in the seat but as i recall from many hours and acres in 1660's, 1680's and 1688's (all with specialty rotors) i would been running much higher on the rotor speed and tighter on the concave. just my thoughts. we ran in a lot of tough conditions in mid western ontario. the boss had his own dryer and if we could cut we were running. hope this helps

·
Registered
2,816 Posts

I would definatly recommend cover plates for the front 1/2 of the concaves. Loewen or Gordon harvesting and others have what you need. Also recommended for wheat. Goodluck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for the replies. How tight would you guys run the concaves?

·
Registered
24 Posts

On tough threshing soybeans I run around 640 rpms and sometimes concaves down to 1 to 1.5, it sounds to close,but it has worked for me. Watch not to go to far and start cracking beans

1 - 7 of 7 Posts