The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 06 2388 with 600 rotor hrs, nice machine with most options avalable, yeild and moisture, long auger, choper, single tires

real sweet machine looks good..... i have found a 7120 at a dealer that was refused by farmer due to drought, it has the delux cab, duals, long auger, choper, extened wear internals, hid lights, choper, was told it had most options other than lateral tilt

any idea what quote i should be exspecting for a straight box to box price

over all 7120 will be three years newer, two series newer, and one series biger than 2388, not sure what is good or bad... should be getter a number this week from him, thanks all

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also would like to mention, my 2388 is chiped and ran very, very well, would not be that far off a 8010 that was stock, maybe bite his a** if he had to stop quick

now how would the 2388 compare to a 7120, i heard there is chips to take the 7120 over 450hp, not sure if needed but i have never yet driven a combine that has to much hp

now where i find the 2388 to be problesh is the feeder house in straight cutting heavey mustard and peas, seams to be a bottle neck, also found the return on the 2388 to be problematic in toughter coniditions... i currently run a 36' honey bee header and plan do no swaping if 7120 replaces 2388

any other pros and cons i will see

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the dealer got back to me today, he wants 110k difference for the 7120, how does that sound??

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i ended up buying a 7120 today, 100 difference, bought a 40' macdon head to match up, will have in in cerials this week, hope i am happy with it, might need to find some more hp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts