The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 2388 that when I am in the field the transmission makes a funny noise and I have to pull the shifter lever back into gear. I put a few tarp straps on the linkage by the tranny to help hold it in gear but when going up a steep hill it makes a funny noise and wants to pop out of gear. Sometimes when i pull back on the hydro lever the sound will stop and go back in gear all the way. What could the problem be?

·
Registered
193 Posts
See your dealer asap about a service bulletin addressing this issue. If you run it too long doing this, you will be replacing some gears in the transmission.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We've had this happen too.. We tarp strapped it in gear to get us through the end of the season and put a reman transmission in. If you have the time you can just replace a few parts in the tranny it's a little less expensive. We'd never touched this one before and just deciced to replace the whole thing so we new what we had.

·
Registered
4 Posts
it is faster and cheeper to put in a reman transmission. you can have the old transmission pulled and the new one in in just a couple of hours. a case ih reman transmission also has a good warranty if something should happen to fail in the tranny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts