The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering the purchase of a 2006 2388 with 265 rotor hours. I can't see a difference between it and a new 2588. I was told that the bubble up auger is different for the hopper topper but looked the same to me. Also the final drives are supposed to be heavier on 25 due to factory hopper topper. The 2388 has a hopper topper on it. Is that true? The dealer wants $40000 more for the 25. Worth it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
2388 and 2588 are basically the same combine with a few changes. The 2588 has factory hopper extentions ( with NO bubble up)?, beefed the axles a little , changed the graphics, more hp, and thats about it. I think the 2588 will be history once the 6010 is up and running full steam. Good side is, the 2388-2588 is one heck of a combine with 30 yrs of history.

·
Registered
475 Posts
http://www.combineforums.proboards42.com....read=1165680650

Follow this thread and read some of the links in it. There is one photo (drawing?) that shows a combine that looks like a 7010/8010 up front but clearly has the rear of an Axial Flow. Would almost bet the farm that they'll introduce a 6010, but it will be a reskinned 2588. When? Who knows!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Do you think they will make 4 sizes of combines when they introduce the 9010? I would guess they will faze out the 2588 and the 7010 will be the "small machine". Either way, these machines are getting bigger and bigger. Pretty amazing what these things can do!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think that a class9 is in the works, but it won't be released until the market calls for one. The cat 8 machines now on the market can harvest more (in most cases) than the farmer and grain elevators can handle now. Once the support systems (bigger grain legs, more trucks and grain carts) in place, then you'll see the 9's and maybe 10's. Going to be a wild ride in the future.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
And in many case's this will never happen...

Elevators upgradeing in small towns and so forth...

If you get the big combines you had better have your own elevator in your back yard..

It sure saves you money and is a very smart thing to do..

·
Registered
619 Posts
Good observation olblue on the picture from the CNH site. I would agree with you on the rear end being an axial flow 25xx based unit with new skin.
I think you will see sometime in the future like the 2577 replaced by a 5010, 2588 replaced by 6010, 7010,8010 and to top it off a 9010. Big Red will then play in all classes in the combine market.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
red hat ive always thought about that...

But who's to say in a few years nobody would buy a new combine unless its a class 7 or 8...

A local dealer of another brand has a class 5 combine sitting out front and its been there for a long time..

Sure looks pretty... but im just not sure what the market is for one anymore..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.