The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of purchasing a 06 2388 or 8010 to help with harvest next year. Already have an 8230. What are the pros and cons of each?

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
The 8010 is probably 40-50% more capacity than the 2388. Since you already have the 8230, the advantage of the 8010 is the common parts and ability to interchange headers.

On the other hand there were electrical issues on some early 8010s.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,691 Posts
Well you already know the Pros and Cons of the Flagships.

2388 are a great reliable machine

Struggle like most rotaries in tough going
Small bin
Small auger
Crappy spreaders
No auto steer
Usually no AFS

Bit of a no brainer not to go with the 8010. Same size, same fronts, same parts, same cab layout, same in crop setup etc etc - as what you have now

The 06’s were the best of the black tops. They got most of the issues and gremlins sorted by then.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had an 8010. I felt like it was an anomally because we loved it. Bought it new, ran it 5 years and traded on a 7230 but rented it back for 2 more years. It had about 1600 hours on it when the dealer finally sold it. I felt like the 8010's were pretty hit and miss. Alot of them, it seemed, just didn't run right - especially the early ones. By the time they got to the later 8010's and the newer series, I think they had them running better.

I don't think I'd consider an 8010 without talking to the previous owner.

I never ran a 2388.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think I'll take a chance on an 06 to 08 8010. Looking closer at the 23 series they are simpler and pretty reliable but way less hp and a much smaller feeder house.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts