The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
bought an '01 case ih 2388. I started it a few times once it came in, I noticed a sensor wire unplugged on the top of hydrostat right where the forward/reverse linkage comes in. So I plugged it in and now it won't start even after unplugging the sensor wire back to the way it was when it was starting. Any ideas on what to try?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not start, like starter not turning over. Move your control lever a little frwd & backward while you have key turned.
That sensor has a little springed ball that fits in a groove on a cam when its in neutral. Your linkage can be a little off with your control lever in neutral but sensor ball is not in groove on cam. You can test sensor with ohm meter I think. Disconnect sensor & remove pin at control valve linkage. Attach leads to sensor and move control valve linkage. You'll feel spring ball from valve grab cam groove. That's neutral. That'll help isolate if it's that sensor causing issues. If you want to take sensor out, you'll need to drop hydraulic fluid or have another sensor ready to pop in that hole

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just did this in my 2388, neutral switch was hooped, 300 bucks I think it was. You can put a jumper in it so it’ll start in any position though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts