The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wondering if anyone else had the back rubber skirts get all ripped up because of getting caught in the spinners.
I did grind the corners off of the steel bats after we replaced the one side, beans and wheat are fine then in the corn both sides got caught. I was thinking of using black puckboard?
Has to be an answer to this problem.
Thanks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
We had trouble the first year with our 2588. We ground the corners of the bats and haven't had trouble the last 2 years. Maybe you didn't take enough off.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
On our 2588 dad made up diffrent frahms so the rubber is angled out to the sides not straight back. This was done so the straw would spread wider, light wheat crop and 39' front.
Will try post a photo at same photos.
Madsnake

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply's and pictures, was thinking about puting a steel support on like redsteel has done. Great ideas thanks again.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
i ripped mine twice this year just get up inside above the spreaders and adjust the straw diverter to put more on the other spreader since mine was throwing so much out the right hand side of the machine and i cut my bats like goalie did also

1 - 7 of 7 Posts