The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It says on Case's website they are still using a case 8.3L. Isn't that a cummins engine? They used to be anyway in the 2388's.
I doubt it still has a straight pipe either.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
couldn't have said it any better myself morganman... I think 03 was the last year they had a straight pipe on em. I went on harvest in 04 with an 03 that had the afx rotor. It blew the exhaust pipe out twice that summer. It just couldn't keep that cummins bottled up inside. I love the way my neighbors gleaner sounds with the straight. I was talking to a diesel performance salesman at the farm show this year and I started picking his brain about the exhaust systems on combines. We both came to a conclusion that on the newer ones the exhaust is always routed through the compartment with no ryhme or reason. Restrictive was the word we both agreed on. I think I might have given him a good idea on some future sales work. The turbocharger is usually all the backpressure a diesel's exhaust needs...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't even know they were gonna start running a 9 L. engine in the 25XX series. It says on case's website they are still using the 8.3L I can't imagine a stroked out version of the 8.3L probably run awesome. Is it still a cummins???When are they gonna start running the 9 Liters????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts