The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got our new to us '07 2588 this past week. I haven't done much with it other than driving it around the yard from one place to another. on our previous machine (01 2388) we would run in 2nd gear most of the time and at full stick and full throttle we'd get around 7mph out of it. the 2588 doesn't seem to move near as fast. when I drove it last I was focusing on other things and didn't think to look at my ground speed and I haven't taken it back out of the shed to see what speed it actually goes but it just seems much slower. the 2588 even has bigger tires on it so I think it should move slightly faster in the same gear. rpm goes up to exactly 2100 at full throttle. is the gearing a little different between the two machines? something else I should check?

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you have a mudhog unit, turn it off and then you should get the same speed as the other combine. Ours runs about 5.8-6.0 mph with the mudhog on and with it off it goes about 7

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dose it also have have a 2 speed hydro, because we had a 01 2388 and now bought a 2588 our 2588 has a 2 speed so it gose faster than are 2388 did.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do you adjust the throttle one one of these machines? is there a calibration or a potentiometer that you turn or something? this is my first machine without a standard throttle cable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got the rpm to where it should be but the machine is still slow. no 2 speed hydro, no mudhog. at 2500 rpm in 2nd it goes 6.1. it makes 17.4 at 2500 rpm in 3rd. any way to adjust the hydro or anything?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I can't remember if the 88 series has the road/field option (button) ( / ll \ ) (<--looks like this) that allows a few more mph down the road. You should be able to reach 20 mph. You won't be harvesting at 7mph in 2nd gear anyhoo.

As for adjustment on the throttle...unless you have the service laptop.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this one doesn't have the road/field option as far as I can tell. the biggest issue is going down the road but also we still unload in wagons on the end of the field so it's nice to be able to get 7mph out of it driving along the ends.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts