The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2588 and our lighting aint worth a crap...What can I do about this? every time that i turn the lights on at night it seems that another light has blown or aint working...how can i put brighter lights on the machine to make it brighter at nite?? I aint but 17 and i need some help on what to get.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
when you say a parts store do you mean like an advance auto or auto zone, or a case store, and then when i get there say i need an HID bulb that will fit this

·
Registered
26 Posts
You cannot just buy HID lights from an auto parts store. They may sell what I believe is called blue lights and the color will be different, but they are not HID lights. They may provide you with better lighting for a low cost. HID lights require ballast which powers a bulb of gas with no filament similar to florescent lights. There is an HID lighting option for this combine and I believe it is available as a dealer install kit. This will provide you with 2 HID lights, one for each side. I will warn you, it’s not cheep and I’m thinking hundreds of dollars. But a real HID light will provide you some really good lighting in front of your header but not improved distance light. The new 88 series combine CaseIH has just come out with has the option to buy 2 HID lights or 6 for tremendous lighting.

As far as the lighting on your machine, do the lights seem dim? If so, I would check your ground wires. My experience is that the halogen lighting on this combine is pretty good with little complaints. Dim lights mean low voltage perhaps from poor grounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts