The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past spring I posted about low power and damaged grain here, and a week before my second harvest the dealer finally figured how to read my engine specs and saw it was only set to 265hp(2577 just like someone said they ran into up north).

So I ran my first year throwing grain out the back because CNH doesn't like to tell dealers what they found wrong with other machines. (What I noticed over the past 5yrs. anyway).

Set hp up to 305 and it ran good the second year but tried every combination of vanes, rotor speed and concave opening and never could the grain quaility out of it compared to the grain rotors I've had before.(I finally accepted it must be our drier grain here in TX-milo & corn- and more aggressive AFX rotor)

Been following low power 8010 thread and seems similar in that dealer tries to help, while CNH keeps quiet and acts like they've never seen that problem anywhere before. Seems instead of sending out fixes of known problems they make each farmer figure it out on their own.

I envy FT connections. I know he's been through alot with his machines, but it sounds like they care what he thinks now. CNH had better start treating all of it's customers like this.

·
Registered
620 Posts
ss4, The "fixes" are available to ALL dealers, some are much better at knowing how to get the information out of the companies systems and understanding the product better than other dealers. You have to know which dealers "know their stuff" so to speak.
This is something that is experienced with all colors, some dealers/companies have better service than others.

·
Registered
203 Posts
We have had some grain quality issues with our new 2588 in corn, but I think it is the rotor. I loved it in soybeans, and it is set good for corn now.

We overloaded the fan and then were losing grain out the bottom at times when going over 3.5mph. The grain loss monitor at times would peg out until you slowed down. We sped up the clean grain elevator but that didn't solve anything. We have a 2208 36" head, and it was 200-230bpa corn at around 20% moisture on hilly ground, so maybe it just doesn't have the capacity.

Don't get me started on the head.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
ss4, where are rock track vanes at, we loosin bolts and put them in down position, towards shaft side, what concaves, filler bars, is it hard thrashing, what seives, do you have, scott.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts