The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone else has had electrical problems with the unload system on a 2588. Machine worked fine on Friday night when we shut down. Rained over the weekend so didn't do anything and today went to change the set up (added spiked tooth rasp bars) and then blow down because of changing seed varieties. Wanted to run the unload auger while we blew down the grain tank but it would not turn on. Had a mechanic come out and spent 2.5 hours tonight before dark trying to figure it out. What we know is that power is not leaving the cab. Had it working for about 15 seconds but he's not sure what he did to start it. Seems the relays are OK and I wonder about the possibility of a lose wire under the relays???? Anybody else have this problem or any ideas????? I hate electrical problems!

TIA

·
Registered
28 Posts
you are positive the cradle switch is working properly? Will the auger start running when you turn the key off? (Assuming the 2588 is still killed with the throttle and not the key)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the cradle switch is working.....light on corner post comes on when you swing the auger out and the mechanic put the meter on it and it is reading properly. The 2500 series is killed by the key the throttle position does not matter.

·
Registered
66 Posts
On a 2588 the rear ladder must be up for the unloader to run. If it was up ck the adjustment of the ladder proximity switch. I ran into this problem last fall. If you were trying to blow out the grain tank I am guessing the ladder was down?

·
Registered
103 Posts
on ours we had the problem where we couldnt get the unloader augor on so what i did was pull the real all the way in and all the way up on the head and boom it started working...what it made start working idk but it works fine when i do that...mite be me...or just luck idk

·
Registered
998 Posts
Usually it's the cradle limit switch. Check the rear ladder switch is working correctly too, otherwise I have had an intermittant unloader relay before. It would work then cut out then work again - relay tested fine but I replaced it and haven't had any trouble since.

·
Registered
177 Posts
We have had a new 2588 that did that also. It ended up being the unloader relay. It would energize like it should but for some reason it would loose power and then stop, which made diagnoses very fun. Three days worth of screwing around. Oh well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well after a 4 hr service call we figured it out.....it was the ladder. Grrrrrrr. the worst part about it is the service manager wasn't able to figure it out until he went on the computer and found the bulletin stating that the wiring diagram for combines between serial #'s A and B doesn't show that sensor as part of the diagram and our machine falls in that range. Apparently Case forgot to include that in their diagram.

·
Registered
23 Posts
ladder switch can be bypassed easily for diagnostics just follow harness and unplug and swap around it was an update on 2388 machines in nsw australia

1 - 10 of 10 Posts