The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unloaded the 2588 on the first full tank and went ahead and kept cutting some beans...about 12.5 moisture i think is what it said.... yield where we thought... went to unload again and well.....unloading auger wont move...i'll check for fuse in the morning...

Its nice to get a load shelled/cut on that first day and nothing blows apart!!!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well last year our dealer had to come out...I sure couldn't find anything and this year the auger wouldn't move so finally it moved and it kinda jerked as it went in and out so I knew wxactly what it was... Just strange 2 years in a row...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
On my brothers 2388 we had a similar problem . And it was the forward limit switch that stops the swing on the auger . It had gotten some moisture or dust in it and was all bunged up it wouldwnt move properly through the lever swing and would stick partway . i guess the lever hit one of the bolts and got bent and when you put the auger out the switch wouldent work and you could hear the relief valve hissing . I guess after a while the fuse blew and nothing worked . Changed switch and now works fine . Funny how one thing can cause other problems or make them hard to diagnose . ( ie must be the fuse ) but that was a result of the switch not working properly .
Marshall

1 - 5 of 5 Posts