The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Seems like a poor time to change the model numbers. They had better opportunities when they released the AFX rotor, or the air screen on the side, or even the tier-3 engine. What revolutionary thing are they going to change now to warrant a number change?

-Lance

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I agree...... seems kinda dumb

Honestly i thought we would see the 6010 (2388 combine)

Our combine with a plastic cover around it and a 8010 cab

That would make me happy or just leave them alone and do some more minor adjustments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes... there will be a 2588 for 07 as well as the 7010 is confirmed. We are hoping to have a 7010 for demo purposes this fall. Details on both machines are quite tight right now... but when there new details available... they'll be posted here!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yes 2577 @ 265 hp +25hp boost with 8.3L engine, 230 bushel tank with faster 2.4/longer unloader.
2588 @ 305 hp +20 boost with 8.3L engine, 290 bushel tank with faster 2.4/longer unloader.
Colour display screen for yield monitor

AFX7010 @ 350 hp +40hp boost (selectable) with 9.0L engine, 315 bushel tank with faster 3.2/longer unloader. Slightly smaller cleaning system than the 8010. New colour display screens and factory available accuguide system. Tractor like headland management system called headland routine
2020-35ft auger header available 2007 as well.

Don't know for sure but may see some appearance changes in the new models, hence the 25XX designation. We will have to wait and see the real thing, info is reliable, but preliminary.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
So are there any real differences between the 7010 and the 8010 aside from the HP difference?

2588 ... I don't think that rolls off the tongue quite like 2388 does, but maybe we'll get used to saying it.

-Lance

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
2588 Comes out next year

Will have a factory Hopper Extension and will have a 2nd auger in the hopper to let the grain travel up higher.

They will also make the axels heavyer to account for the extra weight

(Wow about time they figured that one out) Good job Case ..Way to be on top of things)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Ive heard people complain about how slow it is....and i guess im just used to it

Any increase in speed is nice but it doesn't bother me all that much

But yeah i do like the changes there makeing

maybe they will put something on the back of the combine to keep from junk building on the back axel...

But that might be asking alot

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
...and attaching the curtains together...

Didn't they try that already? Maybe I'm thinking of how the back flaps always seem to get torn off when the steer alxe gets turned all the way and the lugs pull on those flaps.

-Lance

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Ok, good question. Here's a couple things I can think of off the top of my head:

The unload auger swing switch should have an (optional) interlock on it so if you're in 3rd gear, you cannot move the unload auger. The idea here is you can't bump it while driving down the road. However, there are some crops that get cut while in 3rd gear, so it has to be an optional thing that can be reconfigured in the field. Maybe a toggle switch or jumper inside the console. It doesn't have to be easy to get at, just possible.

Also for the unload auger, that pin to lock the auger in should get relocated to just inside the access door by the door to the cab. I'm thinking a long sliding rod that goes through a hole in a piece of flat steel attached to the unload auger. When you bring the auger all the way back into the saddle for transport position, you can quickly get out to lock the unload auger in. The reason most people don't pin the auger in during transport is because it is a pain to get out and do it.

The auto-contour system could use an update. Mainly the cables that connect the header to the throat piss me off. They're kind of cheesy, easily broken, get dirt in them, and the system does some wierd stuff when one of the contacts isn't making a good connection. It's time this stuff goes digital so it can 5+ sensors instead of the single up/down and two right/left sensors. Digital also means a simpler cable connection - as few as 2 pins. 2 would require an A/C current though, so a 3 or 4 wire setup would be simpler since we're starting with 12V DC. Use a pull-away connector so that it can disconect without breaking things when someone forgets to unhook it. A USB type connector would be a good example. Also, whatever happens, a small adaptor box for the old headers, and of course make it the same system as the 8010 and NH machines have. And here's a real good idea - work WITH deere or cat to build a standard on this. If two of the big guys set an open standard, the others will follow. All the header manufacturers will love it too.

More lights. On the front, on the sides, on the back, etc. Seriously, one or two big spot lights off the front of the machine looking forward 500 feet would be excellent. Ever driven down the road at night with a 30' header on? At 25 MPH, you about can't steer around a mailbox, let alone stop for it. I don't need HIDs, just a lot of hallogens. Oh, and use a standard size bulb so they don't get expensive. I don't need a molded plastic thing for them to set in. Give me a chunk of angle iron of the front of the cab and a row of lights on the top and bottom. Farmers are a group of people that value function over form, so it doesn't have to be pretty.

Well that was 15 minutes of thought since you brought up the idea. I'll probably think of more over the next couple of days.

-Lance

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'll agree with Lance on two points

Lights, you can never have to many of them on anything. I'd rather have to turn some off becuase there to bright then be squinting my eyes into the darkness.

The 3rd gear lockout on the auger does suck when your using tracks also. For tracks you have run in road gear. Case offers tracks on there combines i wonder what they do about that?

Also the side shields that fold upward, instead of making them with a flat angle on the bottom that catches crap and them dumps it onto you when u open it. How about an angles peice so the stuff just slides off?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I had never thought about the side shields but you have a good point

Have you guys noticed that like clockwork you have certain bearings and problems at the same time

weve been rolling 23's for a long time now and i can't remember which bearings and such of the top of my head but it seems like clockwork the same stuff always goes out.

there pretty much trouble free besides that for us it just gets annoying i think is the word for it..

I really like the idea on pinning the auger up by the cab where someone might actually consider it...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.