The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking at getting a newer STX (2008-2010). Is it possible to run the John Deere GPS system with the 2600 display in the Case? With out having to add the steering wheel?

Or can we put our Pro600 display in the STX and run the seedstar program for the john deere seeders through it?

Getting mixed answers from different dealers.

Thanks

Graylake

·
Registered
196 Posts
Deere from what i heard is making it possible to link the afs ready tractors into the gs2 system. They said it was pricey when it does come out though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Magnum tractors can be done and is quite $ competitive for the kit. 4wd i believe can't be done yet.

If you are running a greenstar 2 controller for your air cart or planter I would recommend to run the ATU200 on your STX as it does quite a nice job and you will only have one display to autosteer, run your aircart "seedstar2" etc and later you can run prescriptions and map if needed. If running older I would suggest to go with Pro600 display

I would also check difference with Magnums and STX and see if the plug and play can be incorporated into your 4wd machine

·
Registered
133 Posts
If the tractor and seed system are ISO11783 compatible then it should simply be a matter of downloading the correct Virtual Terminal software into your Pro600

1 - 4 of 4 Posts