The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering purchasing 4640 display with auto track as opposed to activating auto track on the 2630 display. Any experience using 4640 display on combine?

·
Registered
26 Posts
works really well in the S670 machines. I personally like it with JDLink Connect over the 2630 because it is live streaming (with cell lag) your data back to Ops Center all the time. You can see yield maps right away vs waiting until the end of the field. Plus the data that a 4640 generates has more data points for analysis later on. Overall, the 4640 is also easier to get on to for running and makes a lot more sense for the logic in the menus compared to the 2630.

·
Registered
803 Posts
works really well in the S670 machines. I personally like it with JDLink Connect over the 2630 because it is live streaming (with cell lag) your data back to Ops Center all the time. You can see yield maps right away vs waiting until the end of the field. Plus the data that a 4640 generates has more data points for analysis later on. Overall, the 4640 is also easier to get on to for running and makes a lot more sense for the logic in the menus compared to the 2630.
You must be a Millennial. Happy do give all your data to JD for nothing while PAYING TO HIRE their equipment just so you can see the data 15 minutes before you could have otherwise!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've only ever used a 4640 in an S780 demo but I did like it. The UI would be easier to operate once you're used to it as compared to a 2630, although since I've been using 2600's and 2630's since 2006 it did feel weird and different. I think it'd be easier to get used to though.

I don't think the S600's have native support for a 4640 like an S700 does, the 4640 will work fine but I believe it'll work like an emulated 2630, kind of like if you put a 4640 into an earlier R series sprayer.

That's my understanding from when we discussed trading our 2630's for 4640's. We decided to keep our 2630's. (For now anyway)

·
Premium Member
4,367 Posts
So your running a 4640 in a S670? With no 2630 at all? My dealer claims its not possible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
you would have to mount the 4640 in the upper cornerpost as a guidance and documentation display only. Can't run the combine functions on it or replace the arm rest mounted 2630. Tried it and the display kept crashing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts