The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at 1985, 276 with 7900 hrs. Anything special to look for if I am buying. Are he 276 II much better. Cummins should be good vs Ford motor. Is that the only real difference btn the two. Main problems? Will be yard tractor for loader and snowblower (no cattle).

·
Registered
379 Posts
A great tractor for what you want its not a great field tractor. Its been a while but axel tubes have been known to give trouble I don't remember the update year. Ours was updated but also came used from the factory in Winnipeg. Hydraulic leaks were an issue for us, lots of fittings and hoses it had a bit of a vibration to it and I think things just shook a bit. A small 4 cylinder and high RPM I think was the reason. Very handy yard tractor nice to have blower on cab end and drive forward but loose the loader then. great loader visibility, not real heavy on engine end if doing a lot of heavier lifting, may need some weights. Other than that pivot points on articulation and cylinders.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Looking at 1985, 276 with 7900 hrs. Anything special to look for if I am buying. Are he 276 II much better. Cummins should be good vs Ford motor. Is that the only real difference btn the two. Main problems? Will be yard tractor for loader and snowblower (no cattle).
The Ford motor runs a lot smoother, the Cummins is a very good motor but tends to vibrate everything apart around them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.