The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 Duromax that does general farm work pulls trailer a bit and a bunch of anhydrous tanks. I have Goodyear duratracs on there now, but noticed threads the other day. I liked the way they drive, fine on hwy, good in mud decent in snow/ice. My biggest problem was I only got 50,000 kms from them. This is my first 3/4 ton and I think pulling the nh3 tanks is pretty hard on them. Maybe that is all I should expect. Duratracs sure are popular around here. Just looking for something aggressive that would last a bit longer. Ideas?

· Registered
257 Posts
Nothing but Cooper STMaxx on my duramax.

Best rubber compound for gravel roads that I have found.

I have tried all the major brands and the coopers are the only ones that seem to last.

Aggressive tread and awesome in snow and mud.

· Registered
78 Posts
toyo m155 have heard lots say they are the best gravel/tread wear...?
They are m55, I have a dually with a bale deck on it that I either have two bales on it or am pulling a 24 foot cattle trailer. Tried five different kinds of tires the other four lasted from 12,000-18,000 kms before they were shot, the toyos have 32,000 kms on them and still have 25-30 percent left. Truck goes 50-60 percent gravel. Only tire to buy for work truck. IMO

· Registered
49 Posts
Nothing but Cooper STMaxx on my duramax.

Best rubber compound for gravel roads that I have found.

I have tried all the major brands and the coopers are the only ones that seem to last.

Aggressive tread and awesome in snow and mud.
^Have these tires on my work truck. have about 20k on them as of right now new truck 2014 :D anyways i see tons of gravel and lots of highway these stmaxx are a great all around new tire. They don't even look like they have any wear at all. And my trucks always loaded down . with tool boxes and cable. carrying lifts around and such. Very quiet and decent traction would buy again.

Another brand my work uses are Fierce Attitude .like i said our trucks are always loaded down and these tires are 50k min and we have always had good luck with them . little louder but a very decent tire.

· Registered
88 Posts
I run Toyo M55's on my pickups best load rating and least gravel wear they also have pretty good traction. i seem to get between 60-80k km out of them if I rotate. I have one truck set up on BFG KM2's definetly don't last as long but it goes anywhere I probably shouldn't have gone in the first place

· Registered
2,500 Posts
They are m55, I have a dually with a bale deck on it that I either have two bales on it or am pulling a 24 foot cattle trailer. Tried five different kinds of tires the other four lasted from 12,000-18,000 kms before they were shot, the toyos have 32,000 kms on them and still have 25-30 percent left. Truck goes 50-60 percent gravel. Only tire to buy for work truck. IMO
I run Toyo M55's on my pickups best load rating and least gravel wear they also have pretty good traction. i seem to get between 60-80k km out of them if I rotate. I have one truck set up on BFG KM2's definetly don't last as long but it goes anywhere I probably shouldn't have gone in the first place
I have Toyo M55 on my Ram2500. Currently have about 30,000km on them. They should make it to 50,000km but I was hoping for more based on reviews and price!

Andrew

· Registered
1,125 Posts
Do you need mud traction? I like Michelin LTX AT2's but they are not going to compare to the Duratracs in mud, not even close. Their ice traction is also not the greatest. I swap to snow tires for the winter though. No tire gets half the traction a snow tire will in the winter. The reason I like the AT2's is the price, road comfort, even wear and the longest wear. If you want an all around tire though it may not be the best. I like the ones that are not OE sizes, seem to have better luck with them. Deeper tread and different tread pattern.

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't need the mud traction more than a few times a year, I don't really go out looking for mud anymore. But I sure like having it just to know I can get through. I used to run full on mud tires, but got sick of driving sideways all winter long.
I like what I hear about the M55's. Priced them this morning at $330 installed. They told me fierce attitude and cooper st maxx were more.

· Registered
791 Posts
I have Toyo M55 on my Ram2500. Currently have about 30,000km on them. They should make it to 50,000km but I was hoping for more based on reviews and price!

Andrew
That seems odd....I have been running Toyo MT's on a Dodge 2500 and have averaged closer to 100 thou per set....have gone through 2 sets now. These are 35 12.5 R17 full mud tires...load range E. Mix of highway and gravel and a fair bit of trailer hauling. Awesome in the mud....decent on ice....look great and last a long time. Only problem is the price!!

· Registered
1,125 Posts
Check out Michelin XPS traction 50k tread wear warranty . Tried a lot of tires running gravel roads , have had pretty good luck with them only complaint is the price
I use the Ribs on our trailers. Great wear. All steel, tough tire.

If you only want mud traction once or twice per year I would just get a tire thats good on the highway. The M55 is a great tire, sounds expensive though. What size did you price?

· Registered
3,665 Posts
fierce attitude mt had them on my 06 duramax was just under 300 per tire installed and balanced and stand up well on gravel
I also have these, they are only 50k mile tires but with an E load rating and good rotating timing, I am very happy with them.
My next truck is getting the semi tire conversion thought. Worth the 3k in my mind.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.