The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was top dressing our timothy with liquid 28-0-0 the other day and there always is some fluid between the 3" sprayer valve on the sprayer and 3" valve on the fill hose . I was wondering why not use a dry dock coupler which works well , only drips a few drops when breaking a connection . I see that Dultmeier sells a 3' coupler and am wondering if anyone uses them for hooking up their fill line to the sprayer . Yes they are pricey but saves a mess when unhooking and lessens any risk of exposure to chemical residues . Cant find a Canadian distributor that sells a 3 " . Thanks

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
As you know, I use the chem handle on the sprayer so the only thing that goes through my load hose is water. However, I still don't like any spillage at the sprayer coupler as it makes a muddy mess right where my handler is and i don't like working in mud on subsequent loadings. What I do to mitigate this is when the sprayer is full I close the valve at the sprayer, then I reverse the pump for a second or two then close the valve at the pump. This locks in a slight vacuum condition inside the hose and when I crack the cam lock at the sprayer,the water is sucked back about 6 inches or so into the hose and I get zero spill.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys looking for 3 " not 2 " couplers . Don't want to be spraying till Christmas .Might check with tanker dealers as pretty well all bulk fluid tankers have API couplers for bottom loading .

·
Registered
364 Posts
You could always put an air connection on your trucks air tank, then run an air hose to banjo pump & put a tap & air connection on the top of your banjos pump. Tap into 1/2" bleed screw on pump & blow the liquid out of line. Works great & you don't have to lug a 3" hose full!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I goofed.... found the 3" couplers on Banjos main website , next question is do they make a dust cap for them ?

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
I goofed.... found the 3" couplers on Banjos main website , next question is do they make a dust cap for them ?
It's on that link, so is the whole 215 page catalogue.
On page 4-5
Banjo Liquid Handling Products
Applications for this valve:
Agricultural
Industrial
Pharmaceutical
Chemical Processing

Pharmaceutical?!:eek:

Wonder how many billion dollars an hour that valve could handle of pharmaceuticals?;)

Oh, that looks pretty clever by the way.:)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I have a use for a 1" drip free coupler but it doesn't look like they have them that small and even if they did, if I read that link correctly, $500 for a 1.5" :eek:.

·
Registered
724 Posts
We ordered a couple of these couplers from our chem dealer and I think they were about $60/ea. They may not be Banjo though.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I use a pump to fill the sprayer with liquid fert. When im loaded i close the valve at the tank, then i set the sprayer to load, turn sprayer pump on, crack camlock on tank or pump and the hose gets suck right out. no mess . Extra thick camlock gaskets from Goodall rubber helps keeps leaks to nil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts