The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drill is a 47' Contour with a 7300 tank and 1500 gal NH3. I pull it with our trusty old 875 which is turned up a bit and is putting out around 300 I think. It pulls it pretty decent. So my question is, how do these big FWA that are rated 300 hp+ pull in comparison? I've never been around one or seen one in action. If I was thinking of replacing the 875, would a tractor like this pull my drill? Would like a tractor that would be more useful the other 10 months of the year. Any input appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I was thinking of the same to replace a 220hp till I seen a new versatile 310 in the shop bay this last week with front diff out, mechanic said this was there second one they replaced in six months... Maybe a guy is asking to much out of these smaller frame tractors, for what they will give you for the 875, they are hard to replace

·
Registered
676 Posts
A buddy of mine said they pull great until they get into the hills. Then they don't stay put. I guess they slide around, so he lifts up and goes up the hill empty and seeds down it. But they like it for a second seeding tractor as it also runs a big square baler for hay season and straw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.