The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at 12 row 30 corn heads, and it looks like the heads for axial machines can be bought right in my area. Is there a kit available to convert them to the transverse mount? How about single point hookup, is that common between brands? Does the cross auger flighting need changed to bring the crop a little further to the right side? Is this whole thing cost prohibitive?
Thanks!
I am currently running a Drago 8 row non chopping head. I like it fine, it does a very good job, I just think it might be time to move up a size. We are running a 2013 S77 combine if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I believe the auger needs flipped end for end. Changes where the flighting ends.
That makes sense. After reading your reply I decided to study the parts listing, and they only list one auger option for a 12-30 head. It appears there must be a difference in pto shaft length between axial and transverse on the left side as there are two different part numbers, otherwise it must be mostly filler plates and guide brackets?
Flipping the auger end for end looks like the worst part of the whole deal.
Thanks for the responses!

Edit-I studied the parts listing more, and found that there is a different part number listed for transverse and axial/conventional, for both the left and right side conveyors. Hopefully I can figure out the differences and find a way to adapt. I imagine ordering the conveyors from AGCO might be a little on the pricey side, and that would defeat everything I am trying to accomplish.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
314 Posts
We converted a head. Just took a filler plate kit and then cut the end off of one auger and rewelded back onto other side. Wasn't to bad. I had a neighbor do it and he was done in about 1.5 hours. We bought a jumper cable that just plugs into the single point hookup for a lot less money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.