The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my mistake was told it was a 3010 but it is a 3020 power shift dual pto ,forward pto, loader never saw a bale and factory cab just figuring what it is worth

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Depends a lot on condition and if it is early, mid or late series, was changes along the way. If you got the serial number I can tell you exactly what it is. Being powershift, probably has diff lock but not all did, that can be a PITA without at times, trust me, I know first hand lol. Was other differences between early and later, the really late ones were best of all, dry air cleaner, 12 volt, side console and more. Powershift is nice, sure wish I had it in mine for like on the square baler and more.
Guessing it is a standard with 30 inch rubber, was something I always hated about mine that the drawbar literally drug on the ground, changed it over to 34 inch hubs and tires I got from Alberta Pioneer's 4010 with some horse trading, OMG, its like a different tractor and now so much more versatile for different jobs since the drawbar is over four inches higher than it was, exactly the same as the 4020 now.
Also depends on what loader is. Make dam sure to inspect carefully the two mounting lugs where the engine bolts to the frame rails front and back both sides...3020s were notorious for those breaking out of the block if someone got too rambunctious and rammy with the loader, as they were only two bolts each, rather than the four bolt ones the larger 20 series had.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
No problem.

I'm just rebuilding the back half of a 3020. Replacing all the clutch disks, brakes, bearings and seals from the flywheel back. Luckily the planetaries, gears and shafts are good yet. The diff lock and a couple clutch packs were slipping. Only after assembling both axle housings and the clutch packs I noticed a crack in the transmission case when installing the pinion shaft bearing. Ended up finding a case out of a 510 backhoe. It was the only one I could track down in Canada.

It's a late serial number, diesel, side console, powershift, and handy as a pocket on a shirt. Only problem is the block and transmission housing are as rare as hens teeth as they were only really used on a 3020. All other parts are readily available though. If it didn't have the sentimental value and being so handy it wouldn't pencil out putting this many $ of parts into it.

As far as a value I'd say $5-10k depending on condition. I'd rather not have the cab and just use a heat houser if you're running in the winter but that's a personal preference.

Like albertabuck mentioned make sure and check the frame rail bolts. You really don't want to be tracking down a block.

I think they're a great little tractor.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rails are good the loader just used for rocks and garbage, 34 inch rims not side console not a scratch and all shields are straight
they are asking 15,000 obo
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
339 Posts
a
rails are good the loader just used for rocks and garbage, 34 inch rims not side console not a scratch and all shields are straight
they are asking 15,000 obo
Thanks for the help
Probably $7500 would be closer. Cab is not worth anything to most people!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The roll bars in the cab seem to telegraph the noise right up to your ears. As far as value, what are you going to do with the tractor? If its a working tractor, you are paying for condition and you may feel real bad if you scratch it.

How good are the tires? How many hours?

I see that is $11,472 in US dollars. Clean, straight, original, and all there it would sell for that here.

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Well if it is in really nice shape, thats not out of line for a starting point. Anything decent bare one brings between 5 and 7, loader and condition drives it higher, with the 1969 and later ones topping them all.

Since I mentioned about putting the larger 34 inch wheels on mine, remembered I had some pics which show just how much diff it made. Maybe looks a bit screwy having the smaller cast weights on the larger hubs, but they fit perfectly just the same.
Ended up having to take the door off as it wouldn't open far enough as it hit the tire, gonna remount it so it opens forward instead. My custom built battery box/step, well the tire just clears the step by half an inch, so without mods won't be tire chains going on any time soon either. But the diff those bigger wheels make is beyond words really. Nice to be able to do something as simple as drive over a swath while baling and not drag fifty feet of it with me as I do. I knew there was a few standards out there with the 34 inch, but I had never once ever saw one in person. Been a few others that seen it sitting in the yard and noticed she sits a lot higher on the ass than most. It spent 10K hours with the little ones, was 100 into the second round when I made the change, now we'll see if it or I make it long enough to go around again lol.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts