The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now Case have started building their own headers (3152) rather than sourcing them from MacDon (2152), just wondering how the Case ones perform with the hydraulic suspension system against the spring suspended MacDons.
We have been very pleased with the performance of the 40 foot 2152 we have on our 7120 combine, and have the chance to replace it with another on a 13 build 7230.
Are the 3152s as good, especially low to the ground chasing chickpeas on auto header height control?

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,950 Posts
Think you best stick with the proven Macdon. Hearing rumours of feeding issues. CIH Dealers are desperate to sell that brand now and will offer eye opening deals. Wait for a couple of seasons then maybe consider.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
970 the rumour I heard was that the ones sold here by NH last season were disappointing but I don't know why.
The Case guys say there were predelivery problems which have been fixed by technician training.
Just wondering whether our Nth hemisphere friends had run them this harvest and what the feedback was.:)

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
farmerjones' picture is not of the 3152. I'm not sure why he posted it here as the poster is asking about the 3152 specifically.

His picture is of the 3162 with the knife in its lowest position.

We've been cutting lodged wheat with our MacDon headers. We aren't flex cutting, but we are cutting plenty low. I've picked up a lot of rocks (some big ones too), many of which get deposited behind the knife in the center, which is nice. The new 3152 puts the knife drive here, and so it doesn't have quite the same rock catching hollow spot, so I wonder if more rocks would have ended up going into the feeder house.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think you're referring to the center drive knife system in the one pic?
Or the shield on the flex unit? Where the can sits?
Yea don the shield I was referring to. Local dealer was talking both trying to get one for people to demo round here this harvest so that would be interesting at least. Hope they can. But like everyone am sceptical on float v the macdons with our harvest speed especially after working with a lot of green ones not been able to get close. I have a 3016 pick up which the hyd float works well but can't compare to 40ft wide or not driving as fast.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,950 Posts
Come for a drive into Narromine and I'll walk you round the one I have here.....
Find us a demo unit chuck and we will put it thru its paces. Give a thorough report card. Iam sure we can make it fit a JD and Lex. You know we can........:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Remember when the 640D JD header came out and how great the 936D was. Yep, I would say something similar at the moment. I heard lots of garbage about the 600 series JD headers for a while then. Give it a year or so. Looks to have good potential when people learn how to use it.
This even more of a change. From spring floatation to complete ground sensors and hydraulics. There will be a learning curve.... I would love to try one.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.