The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
saw picts today stalk rolls are like a 1000 series, spirals are different, adjusting suppose to be easier new gear box, it looks like a 2400. paperwork showed which parts where "legacy" parts from the 1000 series. no more 2200 2400 heads after dec 21

·
Registered
105 Posts
well that sounds hopefull, disclaimer *i've never seen a 22-2400 head in action* but other than automatic deck plates I couldn't possibly see how you could improve on the old 1000 series... they were/are one heck of a head

·
Registered
23 Posts
So Tony is this the head that was suppose to come out about 6 years ago from IH? Then New Holland got involved and made them shelve it. I had one bought and then it came and it was the NH head painted red and different # I still have the specs for both heads somplace and the video that was played to us to get us to order the IH head it really chopped the stocks up. The funny part was they tryed to play switch game and think we would not catch on. That rep still has a chunk go out of his arse. Then the money came to make it hurt a little less.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Any pics??? We have a 2006 2412 It runs pretty good. It s not a bad head as far as we can tell. I have to agree the 1000 series cornhead was one heck of a head. Ours went through 2 combines and 18 years. It is still going today.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Kind of strange about this whole CIH corn head deal. The CAT corn head is like the old CIH 1000 series and CIH/NH changes to a John Deere style head. Now CIH is changing back to the CAT style.

From what I remember about the 1000 series, they worked great when new but as the knifes wore stuff would hang up in the upper rolls and they wanted alot of money for new knifes.

Are the stalk rolls in the new head bigger than the old 1000 heads, kind of looked that way to me?

I do hope they figure out how to stop corn from boiling in front of the feeder house too.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so IH came out with the 800 head around what// 1975? with the low profile 915 those heads never changed really sense then, only got better. (leaving out the early 900's) and I would think that was a long time before any of these other heads where even thought of. I'll see if I can get the specs today and post them looks good to me they are making a 3416 as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts