The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one out there know what the situation is with the new corn heads? We have had a new 3200 series head ordered since spring, the dealer picked up the 2208 promising we would have the new one in plenty of time. Well we're in the 2nd week of Sept. and still no head. I recently heard a rumor that they have pushed back production 2-3 weeks. This won't work if it's true. Just wondering if any one has heard anything.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
That sucks. We now don't let our trade leave the dealer till we have our new piece come in. So if we can't get the new equipment, we can still use our old one. Good luck. A farmer here had no seeder this spring due to this same thing.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I ordered a 3412 last Dec., supposed to be built in July. A few weeks ago they told us build date was changed to Oct. 14! My dealer found a 2212 & adaptor to use if corn is ready before mid Oct., looking like it could still be 25% corn here by oct. 14.
Dana

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in the same boat, ordered mine last oct, got switched to 3200 series in early dec. was suppose to have a late jan build date. Dealer is providing a 2208 for me so I guess I will at least have something

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
we have a 3416 and a 3208 coming and they get pushed back and back steel and labor shortage for all companies. waiting on a deere soil finisher as well . maybe the price isn't high enough?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Everyone is in the same boat. Being a dealer you can look at new equipment on other dealers lots, and no one has any of the 3400 series heads yet. No one here knows what is goin on with Case. Some think that they may be moving the plant. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had my numbers messed up and they are the 3400 series heads not 3200 so I apologize. We talked to our dealer today and he promised it would be here in 2 weeks, cross our fingers that he is right. We also heard the rumor that they have pushed back deliveries with the first ones being shipped south where they are needed sooner and I am fine with that as long as we have ours when needed. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have heard a train of thought this spring with last minute delivery of 1250 24 row planters that with large unit released of new products, that case was funneling them to the sothern areas first were they would be used early, and troubleshooting any problems there so they would be able to do any needed updates at the plant before shipping. Then shipping at the last moment. This is all speculation, however it would be a way to improve quality control apperance, and would also reduce cost of shipping updates and having them installed by dealers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts