The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was musing as to how to maximize the capacity of our 9600. We have almost rebuilt it from the ground up, so no good reason to trade it off.

Does anyone run a 35 ft. flex head in soybeans on a 9600?

I was thinking if I chipped the engine, put some Kuchar plates on the cylinder, and put an orbit reel and stone guard hose on the head for even feeding (or air reel) it might work out pretty well.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Should work like a charm. I set up a 9600 with a 36 ft 974 flexdraper this year and it worked great. you might need the heavy duty lift cylinders if you don't have them already. Headsight has all the gear to make the Hydraflex work on a 9x00 series so give them a call. Get a 20% power chip. A high inertia cylinder wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't think you will need h-duty lift cyl.s, a 9560sts lifts the 635f's very easy, how ever being the head is a non offset , you should consider a extension for the unload tube??with a stock 20' , you will be too tight to the grain cart or truck , just a thought . deerefever.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Lots of guys around here have run 36' heads on 9600's for years in all types of crops. Honeybee was always the popular choice, however thats starting to change as the other guys step up with compariable contenders. Definetly possible to run a 35' Flex.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts