The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Hmmm....I've had a 352, 354 and 357. I think both the 354 and 357 had the same tank but the 357 had a bigger mill. They would hold about 100 bu. of good dry heavy barley. Not sure if the 359 had a bigger tank or not. If it's a size bigger I would assume somewhere around 110 with no concentrated additives.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Yea, but if you looked at the decal on the side of the tank, those measurements varied widely according to the crop. To get a reasonable number for heavy barley, I had to look at the corn figures... even then it was bordering on optimistic.

·
Registered
769 Posts
whtbaron is right on the mark. The tank dimension is just a guide. If you grind a hundred bushels of barley you might end up with say 120 bushels of ground product as it becomes less dense. But this varies greatly between grains or even as grain flows from the same bin (fines etc). The ultimate way is to have scales on the grinder mixer.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I have a 357 now and am looking at a 359 just haven't had time to go look at it yet. My main concern was if it was a a lot bigger I wouldn't be able to fill my feeders all the way up. I mix 4 tubs now to fill them so 3 with a bigger mill won't be a lot different

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.