The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to create a 4 foot straw spread out the back of an R62. I am wanting to bale grass straw and the 1.5 foot wide 3 foot tall pile out the back does not work for a big square baler. My plan was to add a curtain to the outside safety bar and take off the paddles of the spinner. Maybe add some angle iron for a little traction. I am a little.. actually quite... concerned the light fluffy straw will hit the curtain and not have enough mass plus gravity to get it out of the way before more hits it and it backs up to the rotor. Anyone have a procedure for getting this done. I looked at an N6 spreader which is smaller, but also smaller shaft.
My windrow is from a 21 foot head.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have two machines, one with a 16 and one with a 24 foot head, and I direct bale the skinny narrow windrow with a Freeman 1592 big baler or a Freeman 370 small baler. For the big baler, I put a mud flap/piece of tarp under the tractor belly and drawbar so the straw won't bunch up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would just pull the spreader off and fashion some bars/ fins at the same angle as the straw exit hole. kinda like the fins and on a straw chopper or the cleaning shoe of a gleaner,,, just upside down, This is what we did, but we made all our bars direct it toward the middle of the combine just so our swath would exit in the middle of the combine, Have you tryed baling the straw yet, We have baled fescue and ryegrass straw with a 4x4 8590 caseih , and it makes a nice bale even with the tall skinny windrow, Although Ive always weaved a little or just got drunk before running the baler

1 - 3 of 3 Posts