The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone no if I can put a 4 row 30" corn head on a 7720 ?
I've done some measuring and it looks like it should work.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Had a 4 w on one once,, didnt have any problems that I can remember. Probably gonna depend on tire size and ground slope and how much down the middle runnin ya need to do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you have a way to keep the tires out of the corn? The tires will be running inches from the corn and if conditions are damp, you'll be hogging down stalks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
However on a 4420 the ladder stuck out like the hundred series. i know this because i have ran a 4420 with a 443, we had to fold the ladder up. the 7720 i didnt think had steps hanging over the tire. i thought they came down the back side of the tire. i think it will work but its gonna be tight.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i would say buy u a good 6 row because espectiallyif you have hills the combine will want to fall off the rows and i would say u would run over the next row

ran a 4 row for many years on a 6600 and was moving at a pretty good clip across the field and was very tight on the rows have to watch real closely wat you were doing so you didnt run over the row. run a 6 row now and wouldnt go back

1 - 9 of 9 Posts