The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
401 Posts
Sure can the 3-chain is approx. 100 less and then you have 1 more sprocket to add. Would suggest dropping the floor while doing it. Would also put the 4-strand in the front. Just finished doing a 95 R-62. 4-chain front and rear, dropped floor, heavey rear shaft and pivot shaft.

· Registered
1,282 Posts
Like wheaty75 reports there will be no trouble updateing your machine to the latest. Just don't skip the floor job while you are at it. I'd like to mention two things of utmost importance while tuning your feeder. If you have the Gleaner filler over feeder be sure to cut it back to prevent material coming up feeder from running into it. This will require tilting the helical that fastens to it. Better option it installing the filler from Loewen and don't skip fastening the helical that extends onto cage. This requires drilling cage for the bolt. That oversize triangle will put alot of pressure on left side of feed chain and cause the chain to jump a cog. If you have ever jumped on back you will realize this takes alot of pressure. Second if you have a '01 or newer machine and it has two holes in rear feed tention straps where the eyebolt and spring fasten to you must us the front hole no matter which size tention drum you have. Problem is if you use rear holes the front and rear chain can get into each other long before you are out of self tentioning and well before you notice it is time to remove half links. You will think the feeder just has no capacity for when you start to push it the drum will start to float and when the chains connect the clutch will slip. Any shimming of clutches will not fix this and will cause further damage. Believe me this is a hard one to detect and can come on slowly as the chain stretches. Still it is of very high importance to keep rear chain tentioned up to specs and beyond by about a 1/4" on 3 strand systems. 4 strand systems specs all ready have you keeping tighter. Very very often these simple maintanance idems are omited which makes me think the company has to keep working at making these things as maintance free as posible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.