The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would really like a 40 foot for swathing but unfortunatly we have very very rollie land ,why cant they make a flexible head for swathers that flex like a 974 macdon header and have rams on the wings like a sprayer and have a raven auto boom controlling it for hieght ? What do ya think?

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Its coming, i have always thought this to be an excellent idea. Problem is, our 3300 acre farm can't justify a 160k swather. So now add all that other crap to make it work, and the fact that its new technology, probably a good 200k after its all said and done. A lot of dollars for something that just puts a bunch of material in a row.

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
A 40 would be a hassle around here for down the backroads. I'm almost thinking of trading my 635 draper in for a 630. Atleast with a swather you can wiggle around a little bit.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Buddy of mine sampled canola yesterday 25 ft swaths testing 10.5%RR and 12 0 % Invigor moisture. His neighbor s 36 ft swaths wringing wet at the bottom same variety side by side Testing 24 % moisture . Is bigger always better ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's a good point tmk, I have been thinking a 35 foot would be good as we need more capacity out of our swather and have quit double swathing our lentils, a lot to do with moisture the last few years. But a 35 foot swath would be nice in lentils if your going to single, I'm just not sure how my old TR's would handle it in a big canola crop.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Buddy of mine sampled canola yesterday 25 ft swaths testing 10.5%RR and 12 0 % Invigor moisture. His neighbor s 36 ft swaths wringing wet at the bottom same variety side by side Testing 24 % moisture . Is bigger always better ?
He must be cutting too green then. I routinely combine canola in 36' swaths after 5-7 days. It is worth noting that there is very little difference in width between a 25' and 36' canola swath so the larger the swather the less swath surface area in a given field is exposed to wind/hail.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.