The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have a 40 ft. MF 9250 and love it. I bought it new in 2012 and haven't had any trouble with it and love how it follows the ground.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Just be aware

Ok, Agco had a 40’ 9250 in standing canola on an 8 and 9T Fendt demo last fall.
They claimed they’d never had an Ideal/9250 in canola. WTF!
It ruined the demo, my cousins 9560 with 35’ FD75 MacDon accomplished more.
If there is never any chance of doing standing canola they might be ok.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
strange that ran a couple of 9560s with 9250 over 5 years in good canola crops with pea augur must be the differance
I could see them from my yard and they were demoing on my land but I was harvesting with my other renters at the time so was not right there.
Can’t image they’d miss something as obvious as a pea auger either.
They floundered around for over two days then went to pickup work where it worked much better. The Ideal combine worked much better with a pickup header that is.

I’m astounded that was the first time an Ideal/Dyna flex had ever been tried in canola! Have trouble believing it actually.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Wished I’d have dropped by but I don’t think they were particularly taken with visitors at the time.

Oh, this wasn’t a demo where a machine is just dropped off, there was a couple of factory people with it.
Obviously my relatives/neighbours/friends wouldn’t have cared if I dropped by.
Thought I better clear that up, lol.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I run a 9250 on a Gleaner and I didn't like the look of all the shafts and bearings and thought it would be a fire trap, but it has been very reliable with 4 seasons on it. I used flex last year for a drought crop and once I backed the pressure off it worked great. I'm on flat ground too.
Very dirty front though. At the end of the day it's covered in straw if you don't clean it.
The first year I used flex with too much pressure on peas and no cross auger. It was slow, but worked with many blocks. Put on a cross auger and it works great. I only did 1 poor standing canola and also had no issue other than it took hours to fill the box.
The end arms crack wear the shafts go through but later model ones were updated.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
I’m wishing now I hung around to directly observe function.
I do not know in what manner it was giving trouble, nothing beats direct observation.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts