The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can a guy buy a bulk box of .410 hunting shells in Saskatchewan? Canadian Tire and Cabela's both said they used to have the bulk boxes in .410 but now they don't for some unexplained reason. Not really interested in paying the way overinflated price for a box of 25. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,330 Posts
It seems anything other than 12 gauge is crazy expensive. My 12 year old son likes his 20 gauge but I can not wait till he moves up to a 12 gauge because the shells will be a lot cheaper. A guy may have to reload to get something reasonably priced in 410.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It seems anything other than 12 gauge is crazy expensive. My 12 year old son likes his 20 gauge but I can not wait till he moves up to a 12 gauge because the shells will be a lot cheaper. A guy may have to reload to get something reasonably priced in 410.
I haven't been able to find anyone with 20g shells in stock here in Oz for about 10 years, I miss using it it's a fun little gun

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I may have to look into getting them reloaded. Like the .410 for around the yard as it gives me a little more leniency around buildings, and is a nice light gun to carry. Just kind of weird how a little .410 shell can cost more then a 12 gauge, but oh well..

·
Registered
978 Posts
Reloading 410 is a bit different as well. Wads are 3Xs and better loads use fast pistol powders. The crimp or even the rolling is a bit more difficult also for some reason the wad/shotcup fits tight enough that air gets trapped and pushes out the shotcup!

·
Registered
727 Posts
This goes back a lot of years, but best thing I ever did with 410 shell issue(they always been expensive relative to 20 or 12 guage) is get rid of the 410. Never could hit anything with it anyways, but seem to do pretty good with the others. As you say do avoid shooting anything near metal buildings, but as easy to do this with 12 or 20 as 410.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts