The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made some additional 4inch flighting to extend into the feeder area on 2012 4200 (Macdon Pw7). Flighting should extend to just short of centre of feeder. Should I extend the strippers on the back of the header to close the gap from 34 to 31inch (same as 8200). To close stripers to 31”would bring material in about the middle of outside feeder chains on our 3 strain chain. NDDAN how have you mounted shocks on header conveyor and have you used the same ones as the feeder shocks? Presently I am looking at feeding a forage rape crop of 6 foot plus into a R65 and I want the best chance possible. Probably swath with a 15 or 20 foot swather, last time feeding was poor so went back to the 8200 with lifters.
Also those running Bison rotors in their Gleaners how do you feed chopper evenly. I have extended helicals to the end of cage, but it appears material is not being pushed to the left far enough and inside hammer chopper knives are showing a lot more wear along with bison discharge paddles.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Get me your email address and I will send pictures. I think the flighting extention will decrease need to narrow feeder but still like it narrower. Afterbeing able to get out and watch a 4200 in Canola this fall I believe the shocks are going to be number one

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get me your email address and I will send pictures. I think the flighting extention will decrease need to narrow feeder but still like it narrower. Afterbeing able to get out and watch a 4200 in Canola this fall I believe the shocks are going to be number one
photos would be brilliant thanks Dan forward to [email protected] . I will report on progress as we use the 4200 for ryegrass also and wet grass can be challenge as well, at least not as bulky as rape/canola.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.