The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, working in my first engine, I can't get the die cast front pulley off and don't want to ruin it. Any advice? I've already used pullers (gently) and no luck...
Thank,
~Wade

·
Registered
849 Posts
remove the two 3/8" hex bolts and bolt a t bar puller there after removing center bolt and washer, reinstall bolt to protect end of crankshaft. have never had one that didn't come off.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Whatever you do, do NOT pry against the timing chain cover. They are a white metal casting and break very easily. Don't ask me how I know.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
lol... misery loves company. If it is aluminum, it's a strange alloy. I took it to a pro that does aluminum all the time and he couldn't weld it. He was either blowing holes or warping it. In short, if you fail to heed our advice, expect to be looking for a replacement part. I also agree that those vibration dampers should be tossed more often than they usually are. Cheap way to avoid a broken crank.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Hmmm.... 2nd thought the welding issue wasn't blowing holes in it so much as cracking the casting as it cooled...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts