The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the Agri-Trade in Red Deer I saw a poster saying that they're bringing the big tractors back over to NA for 2016. What's a basic 428hp tractor worth now a days?? Sign said $198K US funds, 428hp Mercedes-Benz Tier 3 engine , no emissons no (DEF) , 38,000 lbs with just singles on but in the pic. it had duals on so not sure how much it would weigh then. Hydraulics says closed center load sensing 180L/min so close to 50 gal (US) a minute. Not sure is that enough now days to run a big variable rate air drill??

Think the above one is in the poster pic and the below one must be a newer version or something.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Anyone know if it has a door on both sides? Can't see any controls on the right

Can't find squat about them but one old article saying they have a CVT tranny with the guy that biult the Fendt behind it?

This may be something pretty sweet! If that's the money they are talking with that tranny I am interested it taking a look

·
Registered
217 Posts
The tractor has 2 doors. See short clip at
I agree that having the ability to bring Tier 3 (no DEF) till 2018 will be a strong selling feature, as much as the attractive price.

Unit does not have CVT, comes with a very reliable 16x8 transmission, has been perfected through over 20 years in production.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The tractor has 2 doors. See short clip at Кировец серии К-9000 - YouTube
I agree that having the ability to bring Tier 3 (no DEF) till 2018 will be a strong selling feature, as much as the attractive price.

Unit does not have CVT, comes with a very reliable 16x8 transmission, has been perfected through over 20 years in production.
How about the "Big Roy" type version at 0:53!! Need to do an extra headland to turn around!

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Hey aree,

Sorry I haven't called you back yet. been very busy over here!

These big tractors will sell well... The 16x8 is probably the smoothest powershift out there...

I had the opportunity of seeing a new one in person... the cabs are very obviously European designed, not Russian anymore... If you like a Claas cab, you'll like that one.

Quieter than a Versatile, and built heavier. Welds, cuts, and machining is surprisingly high quality compared to Rostselmash (Versatile combines).

·
Registered
527 Posts
What comes to mind... Looks good from afar but far from good". Pretty certain once it breaks (like they all do), parts wont exactly be next day, likely next season would be my fear...

·
Ken Adams
1,299 Posts
I found this statement quite interesting - can anyone expand and comment to it?

"In 2013, Kirovets established a 50/50 joint venture with the Italian companey SAME Deutz-Fahr, called SAME Deutz-Fahr Kirovets Ltd. Tractors are to be manufactured under the Deutz-Fahr Kirovets brand. "

Important would be parts of course, but also tech training and quality of their service manuals!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
MTZ - Kirovets - 428 hp, Tier 3, no DEF, no complicated computers.

To answer some of the issues above:
- CVT transmission. Prototypes were built and are being tested. We will not bring them for now because we need to offer a proven working design. Another reason is the whole philosophy of offering simple, rugged and affordable tractor. And if the user can not live without CVT, there are plenty of other models and price points who offer the CVT, computers, flat screens etc.

- Same/Deutz partnership is not getting much traction. At present conditions, with most currencies doubling against Russian ruble, any product with high foreign content is likely doomed to failure in Russian market.

- Parts availability. Absolutely agree, it's critical. 2 notes on the subject:
a) We can still support all the old Kirovets which were sold 20-25 years ago. That shows a good track record.
b) Formula for parts support is simple. The more you build, the more parts demand, the more supply. There were over 500,000 (!) Kirovets built, that's why there is a good parts availability for all old models, which still share many components with the present ones.
This year factory will build over 2,000 Kirovets. With 2,000 tractors going out there every year, you know that 10-20 years from now parts are still going to be available.

- Simplicity is a "mantra" in Russia. That's why the tractor has no DEF liquid, no computers, no complicated electronics.

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
- CVT transmission. Prototypes were built and are being tested.

the whole philosophy of offering simple, rugged and affordable tractor.
Put these two together so I can have a simple field tractor and a good grain cart tractor and you will have my undevided attention

Get to work on that CVT and you will give guys here a reason to buy

·
Registered
217 Posts
Get to work on that CVT and you will give guys here a reason to buy[/QUOTE]

1) Our first CVT should be available end of next year on the smaller MTZ 2402 articulated tractor (212-250 hp). But even this unit, like the 428 hp Kirovets, will be offered initially with the proven 16x8 power shift.

2) 16x8 is a very successful smooth design, as Christian confirmed. And he put plenty of hours on his Kirovets.
The range selection design is quite good, so for most work (like grain cart transportation) there is not much shifting required.

3) We value reliability, serviceability and cost effectiveness ahead of other parameters. And the proven 16x8 power shift is as good as it gets based on the above.

·
Ken Adams
1,299 Posts
- Same/Deutz partnership is not getting much traction. At present conditions, with most currencies doubling against Russian ruble, any product with high foreign content is likely doomed to failure in Russian market.
arie515 - with these Kirovets being so reasonable outside of Russia, what is the waiting period to get one??
Can the factory keep up with demand??
How extensive is the Kirovet dealer network outside of Russia?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone know if it has a door on both sides? Can't see any controls on the right

Can't find squat about them but one old article saying they have a CVT tranny with the guy that biult the Fendt behind it?

This may be something pretty sweet! If that's the money they are talking with that tranny I am interested it taking a look
I found this website In Russian but with google translate there is some info and pics. But its regarding the K-744 R4 models not the 9000 series

Found some pics on the 9000 series interior and its more modern Galerie Übersicht - Neue Kirovets Knicklenker-Serie K 9000 mit stufenlosem Getriebe - Traktoren - Magazin für Landtechnik und [...]

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Okay so there was this poster of a smaller 4 wheel drive like 220hp whats the story on that one?? That one isn't a Kirovet, any links to specs and pics on that one yet? I googled it and got info from a dealer site down east that has some info. Doesn't appear to have the hyd. capacity of the 400hp ones unless its an option

Attachments

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
That's what you put the truck cab on right?

We have never had one here before
That was'nt me, but I did post links to that video a few times.

You are busy now, but some time you get bored and want to learn new things about gears and differentials etc. start checking out the old Kirovets. You may have to go to sites that are not in english, but there is info about the tractor and how it works online. The designers went after function, and left fashion where it belongs.

1 - 20 of 337 Posts