The Combine Forum banner

321 - 337 of 337 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,975 Posts
You did good there, seemed to have peoples interest. I was hoping to say hello, but every time I went by, you had a handful of people talking to you. Maybe next year!
Yeah same here, sorry Arie I didn't catch you personally but I did talk to two of the actual dealers and they gave me a pretty good tour. Looks like a basic no-frills tractor that is actually very well equipped. Kind of reminds me of tractors from 20-30 years ago in NA before they became space-ships. In most cases a tractor is still just pulling an implement around a field, and this likely would work fine for half money of some brands.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Why do I have a hard time believing the speedometer in a tractor needs to go to 240km/h and that its -34 inside a hockey arena?

You mean you Saskatchewan guys don't play hockey when your rinks are -34??? I always knew we were tougher over here!!

Thinking he took that picture on Saturday possibly, I went to town and my truck was -36.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah same here, sorry Arie I didn't catch you personally but I did talk to two of the actual dealers and they gave me a pretty good tour. Looks like a basic no-frills tractor that is actually very well equipped. Kind of reminds me of tractors from 20-30 years ago in NA before they became space-ships. In most cases a tractor is still just pulling an implement around a field, and this likely would work fine for half money of some brands.
SWMan, Kevlar,
Thank you for coming to the show.
Sorry I did not have a chance to talk to you. We had an extremely busy booth. Few hundred pamphlets were taken, about 30 farmers registered to try the tractor in the upcoming spring field demonstrations.
Next time just tap me on the shoulder, so we can at least shake hands.

We took many pictures showing some of the features included on this tractor. If anyone is interested, I'll post the photos.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That 3623 is a really interesting concept kind of like the cat d7e. Any idea what their intrinsically safe rating is (not sure if that's the right wording), if they are rated for use in hazardous environment?

·
Registered
217 Posts
That 3623 is a really interesting concept kind of like the cat d7e. Any idea what their intrinsically safe rating is (not sure if that's the right wording), if they are rated for use in hazardous environment?
When CAT introduced the Electric Drive D7E, they have shown the bulldozer working in the ocean doing beach reclamation work. Sea water is the most challenging environment you can think of to test the safety of electric drive technologies. All went well. See https://www.producer.com/2012/11/electric-drive-tractors-on-horizon%E2%80%A9/
This thread is dedicated to the K744 articulating tractor, I think there was a separate thread for the electric drive tractors

·
Registered
217 Posts
Monday, Apr 29th, there will be a training / demo day for the new 435hp K744.
It will be held in Hawkesbury, ON, Canada (Between Ottawa and Montreal)
Training day Agenda
• K744 factory Service Manager: operations, maintenance and troubleshooting of the tractor.
• Mercedes Engines USA Sales Manager: maintenance, warranty options
• Trimble Service Manager: Training on Trimble Auto guidance setup, maintenance, troubleshooting.
• Soucy tracks : We will have a set of "bolt on" tracks on site. Presentation, maintenance, service.

Attendance by invitation only, please contact us if interested to attend.

Great photo we got from George Moore, a farmer who just got a new K744.
I call it “Father and son side by side”
His old 30 yr old Kirovets K701 has 20,000 hours (!) on it. And he just purchased the new K744.

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
lol, I've got a mid 80's Belarus 7111 [ like the right hand one in the picture], and it's only got a little over 2000 hours on it ....
But residual value is pretty small now, more for the new batteries than anything else ..

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a 1770 that's worth even less. I "inherited" (aka bought it dam cheap) from my uncle many years ago and basically use it as a secondary tractor. Problem is, my primary tractor is getting "up there" in hours and I'm beginning to push my luck to rely on either unit.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ag in Motion: next week, July 16-18th, Saskatoon.
It became the main farm show in Western Canada.
Is anyone coming ?

We'll have the 435 hp K744 at the show, as well as smaller sizes.
Booth #249, R.D. Sales (local MTZ / Kirovets dealer in SK).
Photos from Brandon show.

Attachments

321 - 337 of 337 Posts