The Combine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
16x8 is a very successful smooth design, as Christian confirmed. And he put plenty of hours on his Kirovets.
The range selection design is quite good, so for most work (like grain cart transportation) there is not much shifting required.
Do you have a transmission gear range sheet? I would like to know, how slow the first gear would be?
On the one website, they talking, that the K9520 is only available with a 12/2 transmission.

·
Registered
217 Posts
with these Kirovets being so reasonable outside of Russia, what is the waiting period to get one??
Can the factory keep up with demand??
How extensive is the Kirovets dealer network outside of Russia?
We expect to have first units on the ground in spring 2016.

In the past, Kirovets were sold in almost all countries where Belarus tractors were sold, through the same network (over 100 countries worldwide).
Now days, if I had to guess, the plant sells to about 20-30 countries.

Main thing to understand:
Kirovets owns 60-80% market share in Russia (world's largest country).
So with a secure and protected humongous home base market, the factory has a very stable economic foundation.
Unlike many USA/ West European makers, Russian Kirovets is not critically dependent on huge exports to be economically viable.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
they are saying no computer but a tier three would still need one to run would it not ?
The engine itself has a computer, sure (made by Mercedes). But that is more or less self-contained. Perhaps what they mean by no computer is no computer in the cab, no canbus, no computer between your controls and the hydraulics. The pictures show electric over hydraulic controls, which don't require everything to be computerized. Doesn't look that bad to me.

However, the CVT they are talking about definitely requires computer control, electric throttle and speed controls in the cab, and a canbus link to the engine ECU. A slippery slope! :)

GPS auto steering could still be easily added to any of these machines. Would require a new steering valve block is all.

Given how expensive tractors are becoming, this machine is strangely compelling if the price can indeed be kept around the $200k price that was mentioned. the only thing that I really don't like that I see is the inability to see the drawbar from the cab (supposing no PTO and no 3-point hitch).

·
Registered
217 Posts
1 st gear speed

Do you have a transmission gear range sheet? I would like to know, how slow the first gear would be?
On the one website, they talking, that the K9520 is only available with a 12/2 transmission.

For now the plans are to bring only the most popular and proven 16x8 transmission. slowest 1st gear is 2.3 mph (3.7 km/hr)

·
Registered
217 Posts
GPS auto steering could still be easily added to any of these machines. Would require a new steering valve block is all.

Given how expensive tractors are becoming, this machine is strangely compelling if the price can indeed be kept around the $200k price that was mentioned. the only thing that I really don't like that I see is the inability to see the drawbar from the cab (supposing no PTO and no 3-point hitch).
1) GPS. Current models are GLONASS ready (Russian equivalent of GPS). Good chance that GPS will work as well, or with minor modifications.

2) 3pt hotch+ PTO and duals are the main options that will be available initially, as add ons to the basic package.
Initial demonstrators will be coming with the 3pt hitch, PTO and the duals

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
The pictures I've seen (and the videos) show no drawbar. I guess over there they use the two point for everything. Will the machines you bring over have a normal drawbar?

·
Registered
217 Posts
arie515 - can you share with us how many you have plans to import and where will they be available??

and what are your plans for tech training?
Based on you location in Western SK:
Closest confirmed dealer is Russell Douglass in Wadena, SK
306-338-7950. He's very good for service and training. He'll travel to service them.
He also operates the old Kirovets, and has good experience with them.

There is a chance that we'll have a good dealer in Provost, AB, which is a bit closer to you. But that's not confirmed yet.

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
Interesting that the big ones are coming back over here. Hopefully that goes better then it did last time lol. I've been running one since 1976, a K700 or a 7010 which ever designation you want to call it. Would I run out and buy a new one today, hmmmmm, that is going to depend on if they got some things worked out, which I would think must be by now. Easy question, can it be steered with one hand? Things like how stiff the old ones were is why so many guys hated them to drive.

If they are still running the 16/8 tranny, has the issue of the clutches dragging when the oil is cold been dealt with? Not being able to safely hook up to equipment or maneuver in close quarters when the tranny oil is cold is a real pain in the ass and has cost me more than one implement jack stand over the years. Otherwise, that tranny is bullet proof if one knows how to shift it properly. Likewise with the rest of the driveline apart from the engine.

As for hitching, is the 3PT still the Cat 5 with the capability of pulling from the bottom links with a cross bar as the old ones did? Being able to adjust pull point height on the fly is something I'm used to and for some work is a real advantage. And it makes it so nice and easy to see for hooking up as well.

As for pricing, well in '76 you could buy two of them for the price of one JD 8630. Today you can buy close to twenty of them for the price of a wore out 8630:eek:
That is gonna be the big question as to how good they catch on I'm afraid. There are a few of us who would buy one for the long haul such as the beast I already have. But most will be looking to trade up to newer ones and such, so resale is going to be huge IMO.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Easy question, can it be steered with one hand?
Yes. There is a dedicated 21 gpm pump for the power steering.

If they are still running the 16/8 tranny, has the issue of the clutches dragging when the oil is cold been dealt with?
I've been following Russian forums for the old and new Kirovets over the last 4 years, have not seen any complain on that, so presumably it was fixed.

As for hitching, is the 3PT still the Cat 5 with the capability of pulling from the bottom links with a cross bar as the old ones did?
See (Russian) specs for the hitch http://kirovets-ptz.com/rus/i_dc1/msg_i/219/p015_nawesnoe_ustroystwo.pdf
We'll translate them to English later.

As for pricing, well in '76 you could buy two of them for the price of one JD 8630. Today you can buy close to twenty of them for the price of a wore out 8630:eek:
That is gonna be the big question as to how good they catch on I'm afraid. There are a few of us who would buy one for the long haul such as the beast I already have. But most will be looking to trade up to newer ones and such, so resale is going to be huge IMO.
JD 9420R is 462,272 $. 420 hp. At expected 198,000$ US, you can buy more then 2 Kirovets for the price of JD 9420R.
Resale value will depend on technical support and parts availability. The fact that we can still support 20-30 year old tractors speaks volume for itself.
Another major issue (even before price) is simplicity. lack of DEF liquid, and ease of service and maintenance.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The pictures I've seen (and the videos) show no drawbar. I guess over there they use the two point for everything. Will the machines you bring over have a normal drawbar?
See some photos of the rear end attached.
That should answer some of the questions.
Arie

Attachments

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I don't think I would worry about having def on other tractors if this is my only option...
Personally paying double for the 9420 won't be happening long. The equipment prices will come down a little.. The only issue with that idea is I am still only in the market for an 8650, so little has changed with my check book.

The other thing.. 428 HP??? What is that enough for anymore?? Atleast versatile is respected tractor and has more support.. Might be worth the extra 40k to buy the 400 versy!

21 - 40 of 337 Posts