The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have trashy beans... adjusted cylinder speed. My tach o ring is gone. Dealer cant find it in system. anyone have a part number for it? besides cylinder speed what else should I be checking for to clean my beans up? Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's been a while since I haven't ran a 4400 but mine I had to close the concave much more than the book called for. The rasp bars wear out on those and they more or less become an inefficient swather.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The oring belt H83078 is not twisted or installed in a figure 8 pattern when used on a 4400 combine but is when used on a 4420 combine. The tachometer on a 4400 is left hand moving needle. The 4420 is the more normal right hand moving needle. (clockwise)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
4420 chaffer frame is an easy job. Front fingers are attached to the frame with bolts. You can unbolt rusted fingers and replace with new. Only hard part of removing chaffer frame is the bolt on the front right of the frame. It is behind the fuel tank and takes a bit of acrobatics to get to. Other than that, it is a one person job. Did the 7720 and 8820 by myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.