The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to ask a question and i'll take all the help I can get. I am converting a JD 4400 combine to be able to harvest kentucky bluegrass seed. Small 3 acres is all i need it for this year. I found a pickup header that works for it. I'm trying to piece through the manual to find all the small grain settings to switch it to. I would just like any recommendations if you've used a 4400 for small grains on what all you changed, or if you harvest grass seed what the biggest things to adjust are. Just trying to cover all my tracks. TIA!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going to ask a question and i'll take all the help I can get. I am converting a JD 4400 combine to be able to harvest kentucky bluegrass seed. Small 3 acres is all i need it for this year. I found a pickup header that works for it. I'm trying to piece through the manual to find all the small grain settings to switch it to. I would just like any recommendations if you've used a 4400 for small grains on what all you changed, or if you harvest grass seed what the biggest things to adjust are. Just trying to cover all my tracks. TIA!
I think I have the small seed screen for a 4400. I ran the cylinder as fast as it would go and at 0 to 1 on the indicator. Don't remember the air anymore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts