The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running a 4410 with almost 3000 hours on it. Has aim command, raven 460 for rate control and a viper pro for accuboom, autoboom, mapping and steering. Having issues with sections 1,2 and 3 shutting off this spring. It seems to work fine for the first part off the day then the 3 sections won't be spraying. On the viper today it. Would show 3 not painting and on 460 the 3rd light would be out. When you looked back all 3 sections wouldn't be spraying. But according to the viper an 460 1 and 2 should have been on. If I turned on sections 1,2 and 3 on with factory switches the would all work. Most of the times 2 wouldn't start until 1 or 3 were on. I've wiggled all wire harnesses and opened looms looking for broken wires at all pivot points. Tried 3 different master and slave aim command nodes. Checked all the fuses that I could find.
Today I was wondering about my accuboom node? Because as soon as I manually overode with the console switches booms would work again. So I was eliminating the broken wire theory with that thought.
But as of now even that has quit working. The only way I can get 1,2 or 3 to work is with my Spraytest remote control. Sections 4,5 and 6 haven't missed a beat all year. Things worked good last fall and sprayer sat in heated shop all winter.
Any thoughts or suggestions? A new accuboom node is $950. I was going to order one today but now with factory switches not working I'm at a loss again. Talked to dealer a few times and they really don't know either until they come look at it. And of course it's intermittent so it would probably work just fine if I do get them out.
Thanks for now.
Michael

·
Registered
356 Posts
Get out the multimeter. Verify you hAve constant and signal going to the valves. Unhook the jumper harness that runs the accuboom node into the can. Check to see if the machine works properly without the accuboom node on the can before you replace it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Check for corrosion on you left hand boom valves fuse located on the Center rack of the sprayer. It runs all three. Ensure the ball valves are opening or closing if the fuse is good. If they are opening unplug the valves and spray without them. Aim doesn't require them and it is a good way of ensuring aim and accu boom are working correctly. Does your remote only function one section at a time?Message back and let us know what you find please. Don't replace the node until version of firmware is checked and reloaded. Super easy with the viper.

·
Registered
370 Posts
as always with electricity check your grounds, they sat 70 percent of problems are grounds, and i have to believe that one,,..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found it late yesterday. Found some diodes in the Spraytest remote wire harness. They were all melted and burnt smelling. When they were wiggled the left boom worked for a time or two then quit again. Disconnected Spraytest altogether thinking I've got it. It allowed the ball valves to work right then but aim wouldn't operate. Finally found there was no main power going to master aim module under my cab. Traced wires back and found out the main power wire for master module wasn't even hooked up to battery. I replaced batteries last spring (2013) and must have missed putting this one power wire back on positive post. It had fallen behind batteries. So we are assuming that the aim was stealing power though Spraytest harness somehow?
Still not sure how or why it worked all last year. I'm the only one who operates and works on this machine. So I can't blame anyone. Lol
I never thought too much about Spraytest being the problem as it always worked like it should when I tested the nozzles. It turns on one section at a time.
Thanks for all other suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts