The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,357 Posts
Quote:Thanks for the replies so far. Sorry for jumping to conclusions on no small guys, just see lots of posts about guys 350hp tractors being too small.

Its all about soil types, lol....i know our 360HP deere doesn't seem big enough when your chiseling ground that seems as hard as a diamond.

Lots of smaller guys on here...we're sitting at a "medium" for our area 1400acres, like most we could use more. Just a matter of playing the waiting game for farmers to retire since the younger generation has mainly moved out and doesn't wanna farm...i just happen to have all the time in the world since im almost 20, lol.

· Registered
1,357 Posts
^^ hard to consider yourself tiny compared to the average....

everybody has a big time guy in their county...ours luckily just lives in our county and pretty much owns the county next to us. He said he doesn't wanna piss of his neighbors is why, lol.

If the average is 800, your a large farmer factory...nuff said.

Considering the upper for my area of the county is 3,000, we're in the middle, and there aren't too many guys with 3 digit acreage around us anymore. My neighbor has 4 kids, the 2 sons both wanna farm...but i don't think its gonna get any easier for them to get into it when they only own about 80acres, and farm a total of less than 400.

One of our local big timers, who was caught in the elevator problem we had early fall 07 is goin under next month. He had retirements to pay for, contracts that weren't paid, buildings that weren't paid, etc. It's like christmas in feb! Lotta people are eyeing the auction to buy the land around their houses he got.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.